Pre-clinical Evaluation Module
This module serves as the first link between formulation work and translational research. In this module, researchers are provided with the capability to assess their nanomedicine under biological conditions. The NanoMed Fab is equipped with a biosafety level 2 (BSL-2) laboratory containing all necessary equipment, such as biosafety cabinets (BSCs), cell incubators, biological fridge and freezer, as well as a cryopreservation unit. Users can take advantage of this research area to evaluate several important performance parameters of their nanomedicine formulations, including in vitro therapeutic efficacy, target affinity and specificity, luminescence and fluorescence behavior, etc.
- Evaluation of target binding specificity, affinity and kinetics
- Evaluation of gene expression or gene knock down level
- Visualization of cell-binding, tissue slides, etc.
- Evaluation of luminescence
- Evaluation of absorbance/fluorescence, kinetics, FRET, etc.
- Tissue/cell disruption, lysis and homogenization
- Cell fractionation, cellular component extraction
- Temperature controlled sample incubation/shaking
- Biological work
- Other general equipment
- Centrifuge, pH meter